Social Media Content & Use Policy
Delta Dental of Colorado (DDCO) does not verify or approve information posted on social media websites and public opinions, statements, or comments on social media websites site are not endorsed views and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies, or procedures of Delta Dental of Colorado, Delta Dental Plans Association, subsidiaries, or affiliates. Delta Dental of Colorado participates in and provides content on social media in order to encourage Coloradans to develop healthy oral care habits and educate about dental benefits and products.
Use of Social Media Websites:
1. Your use of Delta Dental of Colorado social media websites and brand pages establishes your agreement to these Social Media Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions at any time.
2. The posting of material, tagging DDCO in a post, or sharing material that is confidential, copyrighted, fabricated, deceitful, libelous, derogatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, harassing, illegal, or otherwise objectionable will not be tolerated. We do not allow and will remove posts that infringe upon another’s rights, violate any laws, or are in any way harassing.
3. You agree to grant Delta Dental of Colorado an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display any material submitted or shared on our social media websites or brand pages throughout the world in any media. It is agreed that your name can be used in conjunction with said replication.
4. Social media content posted by Delta Dental of Colorado is not professional advice. The materials on our social media websites are not a substitute for obtaining professional advice from legal, medical, dental, or other professional advisors. By making our social media websites available to you, DDCO is not engaged in offering any professional advice.
5. To comply with state and federal regulations and for your security, don’t post or share any personal information like your member number, claim number, phone number, personal email address, Social Security number, or any unique identifying information on any of our social media websites or in public-facing comments. In certain instances, we may request contact information offline or in a private direct message (DM) so a question or issue can be escalated to quickly address your needs. This will only be offered and requested in a private direct message on a given social media channel.
6. Do not post any links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software or otherwise violate any federal or state laws. Any postings of this nature will be removed.
7. Be respectful of others. The purpose of DDCO's social media websites is to share useful information and ideas, inspire informative discussions, and educate people about oral health. Delta Dental of Colorado requests you to provide a positive contribution to our online discussions and social media websites. Your opinion is welcome but please keep it on topic and informative.
8. Some content displayed on the social media websites is found on the World Wide Web and credit will be given to the owners of any photos, information, and quotes that are used by Delta Dental of Colorado.
9. DDCO’s social media websites may contain links to other web sites, some of which are operated by Delta Dental of Colorado, Delta Dental Plans Association, and other member companies. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional way to access to the information contained therein. We have not necessarily reviewed all the information on those other sites and are not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other sites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked sites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked sites.
10. Delta Dental of Colorado reserves the right to block or otherwise prohibit any person from accessing, commenting on, or using DDCO’s page on Facebook for any reason whatsoever.
11. Ultimately, you are responsible for the content you have posted, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such material. Delta Dental of Colorado, Delta Dental Plans Association, or affiliates are NOT liable for any direct, or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from your use of this site.
DDCO - Acronym for Delta Dental of Colorado
Social Media Websites- May include, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.