In August 2014, William Bailey, DDS, MPH, was formally introduced as the CU School of Dental Medicine Delta Dental Endowed Chair in Prevention of Early Childhood Caries. As such, Dr. Bailey is a champion for children's oral health in Colorado. In this role, Dr. Bailey:
- Contributes to the design of statewide public health policies and practices
- Establishes public health dental curricula
- Provides advocacy for children's health issues
- Works with local foundations to design projects that support local communities
- Teaches dental and graduate students
- Performs scholarly activities that promote children's health and result in the prevention of early childhood caries
Delta Dental of Colorado is proud to endow this position to continue to raise awareness of children’s dental health.